Thursday, August 16, 2007

Can I be doing all the talking?

Can I sit long enough to be quiet and listen to God? Life just seems overwhelming right now and I think that I need to do all I can to make everything work out just right. My heart wants to hear God, but my head gets in the way. Yet, I need to be active with the responsibilities that God has already given me.
Father, I need wisdom to know what to do and what not to do. I need to find balance in my life. Give me the courage to act when You want me to act and give me patience to wait when you want me to wait. Slow my mind down, so I can just sit and not think about anything and just listen to You. I know I need to listen to You God. How can I have and intimate relationship with You if I am doing all the talking? Help me to just be still and know that You are God.

No comments: